My hope is that June is treating you all well so far 🙂
We’ve been finished with school for just over a week. Then end of the year, like always, comes at you like a ton of bricks! June 1st arrives and you think, “Ah, I’ve still got a couple weeks. There is so much I can get finished!”
And then WHAM!!
Picnics, field trips, half days, pictures, assemblies, locker clean-out, parties… and before you know it, the last day is here and all the stuff you had planned goes by the wayside because you are too busy signing yearbooks, giving hugs, and singing Moana at the top of your lungs with the kids who drove you nuts all year but who you now suddenly realize are leaving you and you are not sure how you can go a week, let alone a whole summer, without hearing any of them ask you for a pencil! Phew!
Anyway, there isn’t much time to lament because our summer learning program starts in about two weeks. Like last year, I plan to share all of my lesson plans with you here on the blog.
- The Important Book by Margaret WiseBrown
- If I Ran the School by Bruce Lansky
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
- The Writing of Roald Dahl
- The Secret Knowledge of Grown-Ups by David Wisniewski
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka
- How to Get a Girlfriend by the Kindergarten Students of Zagreb, Croatia
- Marshfield Dreams by Ralph Fletcher
- I Wanna Iguana by Karen Kaufman Orloff and David Catrow
Leave a Reply